A Praise in a Manger: 4-Week Christmas Curriculum on Worship
Worship is more than just singing songs; it’s a way of life! Using the Christmas story, kids will learn we can worship God by singing songs, telling others about Jesus, and giving gifts (of our time, our money, and our service).
A Praise in a Manger is a 4-week Christmas unit for elementary kids in a large-group, small-group format. The unit begins with an introduction to the definition of worship as a whole-life response to God and His greatness and a fun movie day! The following three weeks take kids deeper into the Christmas story to learn about how the angels, the shepherds, and the wise men all worshiped the baby Jesus in different ways and how we can worship in different ways too.
Unit Memory verse: Hebrews 13:15 (NIrV)
Week 1 – Intro & Movie Day: The Little Drummer Boy (Luke 2:1-6)
Week 2 – Worship With Song (Luke 2:6-14)
Week 3 – Worship By Telling Others (Luke 2:15-20)
Week 4 – Worship With Gifts (Matthew 2:1-12)
Each lesson includes 85-95 minutes worth of activities, games, a worship response activity, and a large-group Bible lesson. The four 10-minute small group activities can be completed in one place or adjusted to a station rotation model that allows elementary small groups to rotate between activities.
This download includes:
- 4 large-group leader guides (.docx)
- 4 small group leader guides/4 station rotation model instructions (.docx)
- Don’t Forget the Christmas Lyrics PPT game (.ppt and .png files)
- Weekly take-home guides for families to learn together at home
- All necessary printables (including a Joy to the World sign craft, Candy Cane Poem Printable, Reverse Christmas Charades cards, and more!)
- Presentation + social media graphics (.jpg)