Failed It! Teaching Series
Failed It! is a 4-week series where kids will learn about the failures of King David. They will learn how their own failures affect themselves and others.
Series Verse: “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:37-39 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verses
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – David and Bathsheba (2 Samuel 11:1-17)
- Today’s Takeaway – My failures may hurt the people around me.
- Weekly Verse – “Rivers of tears gush from my eyes because people disobey Your instructions.” (Psalm 119:136 NLT)
- Bible Story – David and Absalom (2 Samuel 13-18)
- Today’s Takeaway – My failure to fix things causes more problems.
- Weekly Verse – “And ‘don’t sin by letting anger control you.’ Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry.” (Ephesians 4:26 NLT)
- Bible Story – David Ignores Advice (2 Samuel 24:1-15; 1 Chronicles 21:1-15)
- Today’s Takeaway – My failure to think before I act will keep me from making the right choice.
- Weekly Verse – “Wise people think before they act; fools don’t—and even brag about their foolishness.” (Proverbs 13:16 NLT)
- Bible Story – David and the Temple (1 Chronicles 22)
- Today’s Takeaway – My past failures may have future consequences.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t be misled—you cannot mock the justice of God. You will always harvest what you plant.” (Galatians 6:7 NLT)