Follow the Instructions Douglas Talks Video
Douglas is a fun, green puppet who loves to tell stories about how he’s learning to live God’s way.
If you were given instructions on how to draw a picture, it might be OK to do it your own way instead. But if God gives you instructions, you had better follow those instructions.
There are many times when we might feel like doing things our own way would be best, but choosing to not follow God’s instructions can often end in disaster. God sees a much bigger picture than we do (He knows everything!), so we can trust that God’s way is really the best way. Join Douglas in this Christian video for kids about obedience.
Bible Verses That Say We Should Follow the Instructions:
- Deuteronomy 12:28 | God wants us to obey Him so things will go well for us.
- Matthew 28:19-20 | We should help others obey God too.
- Luke 11:28 | Obeying God’s Word brings blessings.
- Colossians 3:20 |God likes it when children obey their parents.
Family Time Questions About Obeying:
- Why is it so important to follow God’s instructions?
- How can we know that doing things God’s way will work out better than doing things our own way?
- Give an example of how something might go wrong if you don’t follow instructions.
- Is not following instructions ever OK? And, if so, what kind of instructions are more like “suggestions”?
- Dear God, thank you for giving us the Bible. Help us to follow the instructions that you have given us and not try to do things our own way. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
This video is 5 1/2 minutes long.
When you purchase this digital product, you will receive a link to a high definition .MP4 video file sent right to your account and email.
See the preview video here: