Jesus in the Temple Adapted Books [Black and White]
Made for special needs ministry, Cut & Paste Bible Books – Jesus in The Temple – are designed for children with special needs, particularly children with language disorders.
These cut-and-paste books are black-and-white versions of the adapted Bible books. This allows for easy printing and copying and the use of supplies on hand – scissors, glue, and crayons.
The Bible books can be used in Christian curriculum for Sunday School, special needs ministry, and Vacation Bible School (VBS).
WHO BENEFITS FROM CUT & PASTE BIBLE BOOKS:
- Children with language disorders co-occurring with autism, Down Syndrome, intellectual disabilities, or other disabilities.
- Children who need visuals for true understanding of concepts.
- Directors, who can easily print and copy the books for volunteers.
- Volunteers, who can use materials that will help them teach the children.
- Parents/guardians, who can use the Bible books to reinforce lessons at home.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Two options for each Bible story. Children can match or find the pictures. The matching version is good for introducing the story and for children who needs visuals. Finding the picture is more of a challenge and works well with children who are familiar with the story.
- Two ways to make the story – either cut all the pages and staple OR print or copy two-sided to make a foldable
- Simplified and repetitive language to target true understanding of Bible stories. Did you know it takes 40+ repetitions for children with language disorders to truly learn concepts? The adapted books help get some repetitions in.
- Better participation in the lesson. The cut-and-paste books give children a way to participate in Bible lessons. If the books are made before the lesson, the child can use the book to help focus while an adult teaches. Having children actively participate in the lesson helps them stay engaged, which helps with understanding and learning.
- Adapted books that are created by an SLP (speech-language pathologist) with 28 years of experience in the schools and 5 years in special needs ministry. The books are all tested by children, staff, and volunteers before reaching “final” status.