Lead Me to Jesus: an Easter Family Devotion Experience
Help your church families experience an interactive and meaningful Easter with their kids through hands-on crafts/activities and intentional devotions. Contains 9 devotions (to be used Palm Sunday – Easter Monday). Supplies needed are very simple, and most families will already have them at home.
Through this Easter devotional guide families will:
1. READ ABOUT JESUS: Read a short passage from the Easter story. The passage can also be experienced through a suggested passage in the Jesus Storybook Bible or via a dramatized Scripture video.
2. CONNECT WITH JESUS: Connect with Jesus through the thought-provoking discussion questions and prayers, most appropriate for ages 2-12.
3. EXPERIENCE JESUS: Experience Jesus through hands-on activities, all using normal household items.
Each day’s devotion includes:
– A daily Bible reading
– A recommended page from the Jesus Storybook Bible (except Palm Sunday)
– A suggested dramatized Scripture video (via YouTube link)
– Discussion questions for preschoolers and elementary kids
– A fun activity using normal household items like paper and scissors, vinegar, and eggs
You have 3 options for sharing this devotional with your families:
- In-person option: Create separate stations for each activity and host a family event or a family Sunday service.
- Easter-In-A-Box: Provide a printed copy to each family along with a box or bag containing a few of the supplies. The supplies needed are minimal and are common household items easily found at home or in your church’s supply closet. The resource includes Amazon links for purchasing some items in bulk.
- Daily check-ins: Post the day’s page into a private group on social media and ask families how it went. (Please don’t post on a public website or public social media page.) You can also email the digital version to your families (all at once, or page-by-page).
This download includes:
- Beautifully formatted 21-page Family Devotion – simply print and deliver! (PDF)
- Each page as an individual file (for posting to private forums or social media groups or sharing via email – .png & PDF)
- Leader’s guide (.docx)
- Unformatted Word doc of the entire guide for easy customization (.docx)
- Sample parent email or letter (long and short version) (.docx)
- Social media graphics and caption suggestions (.docx)