Marvel Teaching Series
Marvel is a 7-week series where kids will learn about one of God’s marvelous miracles from the Old and New Testaments. They will discover the powerful things God can do through them if they put their faith in Him.
Series Verse: “The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.” (Psalm 19:1-2 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verses
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – The Sun Stands Still (Joshua 10:1-14)
- Today’s Takeaway – When you have faith, God has your back.
- Weekly Verse – “Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10 NLT)
- Bible Story – The Ax Head Floats (2 Kings 6:1-7)
- Today’s Takeaway – We can have faith even for the small stuff.
- Weekly Verse – “your Father knows exactly what you need even before you ask him!” (Matthew 6:8b NLT)
- Bible Story – Elisha’s Servant’s Eyes Opened (2 Kings 6:8-23)
- Today’s Takeaway – When you have faith, God will open your eyes!
- Weekly Verse – “So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.” (2 Corinthians 4:18 NLT)
- Bible Story – Peter’s Shadow (Acts 5:12-16)
- Today’s Takeaway – When you have faith, God can use you!
- Weekly Verse – “For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.” (Philippians 2:13 NLT)
- Bible Story – Faith of a Roman Officer (Matthew 8:5-13)
- Today’s Takeaway – When you have faith, you don’t have to see it to believe it.
- Weekly Verse – “Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.” (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)
- Bible Story – Balaam’s Donkey (Numbers 22:21-40)
- Today’s Takeaway – When you don’t have faith, God can use someone else.
- Weekly Verse – “To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.” (Matthew 25:29 NLT)
Bible Story – The Widow’s Oil (2 Kings 4:1-7)
Today’s Takeaway – When you have faith, God can use what you have.
Weekly Verse – “God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important.” (1 Corinthians 1:28 NLT)