Puzzling Parables is an 8-week series where kids will learn about some of the famous parables Jesus taught while He was on earth and how they can apply the spiritual truths to their lives. They will meet Captain Puzzler, the greatest puzzler of all time!
Series Verse: “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.” (2 Peter 1:3 NIV)
Each Week Includes:
- Series and weekly verse
- A Takeaway statement
- Large group game
- Message/Object Lesson
- Small group discussion
- Small group game/activity
- Review questions
- Take-home card
- Printable service notes
- Bible Story – There’s Something in Your Eye (Luke 6:37-42 NLT)
- Parable – Speck in Your Eye
- Today's Takeaway – God wants me to leave the judging up to Him.
- Weekly Verse – “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.” (Luke 6:37 NIV)
- Bible Story – Who’s Invited? (Luke 14:15-24 NLT)
- Parable – The Great Feast
- Today's Takeaway – God wants me to stop make excuses and spend time with Him.
- Weekly Verse – “Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near.” (Isaiah 55:6 NLT)
- Bible Story – Is your seed Growing? (Luke 8:4-15 NLT)
- Parable – The Sower
- Today's Takeaway – God wants to plant His Word deep in my heart.
- Weekly Verse – “I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.” (Psalm 119:11 NLT)
- Bible Story – What’s in your heart? (Mark 7:14-23)
- Parable – Heart of Man
- Today's Takeaway – What I allow in my heart will come out of my mouth.
- Weekly Verse – “A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.” (Luke 6:45 NLT)
- Bible Story – Get ready! (Mark 13:28-33 NLT)
- Parable – Fig Tree
- Today's Takeaway – I should live every day like Jesus could return.
- Weekly Verse – “You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.” (Matthew 24:44 NLT)
- Bible Story – Are you lost? (Luke 15:1-27 NLT)
- Parable – Lost Things
- Today's Takeaway – No matter how lost you are, God will find you.
- Weekly Verse – “For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.” (Luke 19:10 NLT)
- Bible Story – Out with the Old (Luke 5:33-36; Ephesians 4:20-32 NLT)
- Parable – New Patch
- Today's Takeaway – God has made me new so I must get rid of the old.
- Weekly Verse – “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!” (2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT)
- Bible Story – Be Prepared! (Matthew 25:1-13 NLT)
- Parable – The 10 Bridesmaids
- Today's Takeaway – I should be prepared and bring my friends with me.
- Weekly Verse – “So you, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know what day your Lord is coming.” (2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT)