Self Esteem Douglas Talks Video
Douglas is a fun, green puppet who loves to tell stories about how he’s learning to live God’s way.
It’s important to have good self-esteem, that is, to know how valuable you are to God. It’s pretty hard to follow the commandment to “Love your neighbor as yourself” if you hate yourself. God loves you very much, and you should too. It’s important to not think too highly of ourselves, but we can often fall into the trap of feeling like we are worthless. Jesus didn’t come to die for your sins because you are perfect, He came to die for your sins because He loves you and wants to spend eternity with you. God’s love isn’t conditional on us being the strongest or smartest or most well behaved. God loves you, you are important to Him.
"Self Esteem" Bible Verses:
- Matthew 22:37-38 | The greatest commandment according to Jesus.
- Matthew 22:29 | The second greatest commandment.
- Matthew 6:26 | You are valuable to God.
- Psalm 139:13-15 | God made you.
- Jeremiah 31:3 | God loves you!
"Self Esteem" Family time questions:
- How does God show us that He loves us?
- Why is it important to remember how much God loves you?
- What might it look like to have too much self-esteem? How about too little self-esteem?
Dear God, thank you so much for all you have done for me, and for your love for me. Help me to be more and more of your presence and your love. Help me to see myself the way you see me so that I can better show your love to others. In Jesus’ name, Amen.